Thursday, February 4, 2010

Why I Can't Be Vegetarian

In my AP Environmental class we watched a movie about the meat industry, animal mistreatment, disease, and much more, and by the end i was crying and considering (yet again) about becoming a vegetarian, but by lunch time, that had changed and i quickly ate my beef filled tamales. Here are some reason's i can't become a universe.

  • Sushi (I love sushi!)
  • Orange Chicken (Nothing like good orange chicken to warm the soul and lift the spirits)
  • Cheeseburgers (sometimes i just have a craving)
  • Ribs! (It's not the 4th of July without them!)
  • Bratwurst (so good with bread!)
I know there's more that i can't think of, but i don't think i could become a vegetarian, even with all the new tofu and soy products made to taste and look like meat.
-Fate

1 comment:

  1. Okay so I go to school in Berkeley so I had this dilemma because like 99% of the people there are hardcore environmentalists or animal rights activists or something. I'm all for eating meat, just eating a lot LESS, and less red meat and more poultry/fish. I do it for health and because it's less costly for me and the environment. It's really good to be conscious of it, though, and informed. NO GUILT! We were built to be omnivores.

    ReplyDelete